Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ever Wish Life Were A Little More Slow Pace?




These are photos from Disney's Animal Kingdom. We loved the Safari ride. It's always fun to see animals in somewhat of a natural state. I have days when I would love to trade places with one of these creatures. But only for a day, life would get pretty boring if you just had to eat and sleep all day, and wave to the occasional tourist.

I am so excited that it might be spring soon (crossing my fingers). Gracie, Sophie and I went for a short walk last night and it was wonderful. One of my favorite things in the spring and summer are evening walks. I can't wait!

We have had more sad news lately, this time about my Grandpa who is ill. I hate feeling so helpless in these situations. I am grateful for prayer, and the power that it holds. I know prayers are listened to and carefully answered. I have been trying to make it a habbit as of late to listen. Listen after I pray, for confirmation. I think sometimes I pray and forget to listen for the answer.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Erin - sorry to hear about your Grandpa. My grandparents died a few years ago and I still have days when I miss them so much. I know they are in a better place and moving on is part of the plan but it still is hard. Hang in there. Love ya!

Avry said...

You are soo good about blogging. I love reading & seeing updates. I too am sorry about your grandfather. I don't have any living grandparents left & some days that is hard. Hugs to you it is difficult watching your loved ones struggle.
I am humbled at your words of prayer. There are so many days that I want an answer right then & there & have found I have to learn patience becaus the answers don't always come the way I want them to or think they should but they do come. Thanks Erin for being such an inspiration & so positive - you have truely lifted me up so many times just by blogging! :)