Friday, January 1, 2010

2010!

We saw the new Year in last night with our kids and some great friends. We were all so blessed to be with one another! We had great food, a movie full of action (which helped me stay awake!) and lot's of laughs.

Looking back over 2009, I feel like my greatest achievement was learning to be a bit more positive. I am still not the most positive person you will ever meet, but, I am so much better than I ever have been. I am so proud of myself for this. I am,and have always been a realist. I believe I still am now I am just a realist who has hope.

Moving forward into 2010 I have only a few goals. ( Wes has always told me I bite off more than I can chew, and he is right.) The first Goal being to Wake up everyday and realize it is a new day. Identify, what I did good the previous day. Being a stay at home Mom my days tend to start running into each other and I start feeling like I am living the same day every day. This sometimes gets me down. So I am sure that if I make an effort to separate my days in my thoughts this will improve.

My second goal is to consciously think of one person I need to help each day and do it. I am sure I help people out everyday, but I don't know that I recognize it. So if I make a concious effort I think it will help me to know that I am making a difference in the world each day. This is something I feel is important, because it brings peace to the soul, knowing that maybe each day you are accomplishing something.

Seriously, this stuff really probably only makes sense to me, but hey, that's OK.

I ran across some of the Daili Lama's advise for the new Millennium and loved it. So I leave with that and a video about hope. HAPPY NEW YEAR! ~E


Instructions for life in the new millennium from the Dalai Lama
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2 When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: respect for self, respect for others, and responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. when you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go some place you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each Other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon."


2 comments:

Avry said...

It seems as if you always know when to post positive thoughts because it is always at moments that I really need them. I must say I am in tears. I get to realize each day is a new day too!
I think service to one another is very therapeutic & such a good goal!

Anonymous said...

Good reading,
after going over I think it may be the same about related topics in in
[url=http://www.avg-download.us]avg download[/url]