Sunday, January 24, 2010

January.... Where Did You Go?

Time is really movin! I can't believe it's almost February. So where did January go? Poof in the air? That is what it feels like. But, really it's just been busy.

Kids went back to school after Christmas break and I was so ready. I love having them home but, it's really hard to get anything done, not to mention that they eat me out of house and home! I think they were ready to go back too, it gets boring after a while being home everyday.

I went up to the my friend Sophia's cabin with the gang. It was very different this time. We were all very tired from the holiday I think. Usually we are bouncing off the walls and doing oompa-loompa dances and staying up until the sun rises. Not this time, we were tucked in by 11:30, and snoring by 1. Although it was a different dynamic this time, it was still fabulous, We all needed the break and it was nice.

I started School!!! I am taking 2 psychology classes and one USU class. They are all really good classes to start with. I am amazed at how much studying I am having to do though. I sit down and before I know it 3 hours have gone by. Wes has been so supportive, he has been great to take care of the kids so I can study.

My church calling in the Young Women also keeps me on my toes. It is super fun to watch the girls grow up, and I am so privileged to be able to be a part of it in a small way.

My health has taken a down turn this month which has been frustrating, I am not going to go into it though because I hate dwelling on it. I just hope that people will have patience with me, I get a little ornery and tired.

The kids all keep growing up. Sophie is a spit fire and keeps me running. She loves to make HUGE messes and her partner in crime is Rico (our dog). Gracie had parent teacher conference this month and it took less than 3 minutes for her teacher to go over her grades with us. She is reading at a 5th grade level, her handwriting is at a 5th grade level and she is getting 4's in all subjects (A's). Hayden never ceases to crack us up. We took the family to the Copper Mill, and I think it was the first time my kids had eaten there. They thought is was so fancy! Hayden got Halibut and chips.... he asked us "why do you think I like the Copper Mill so much" he then says "for the Hal-ib-it" (He!!- of- it) pretty funny we thought.

Now that I have typed it all out I can see where January went. If anything, that, is why I blog. Being able to reflect and see that it all isn't just waisted time! On to February now......


No comments: