Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random.

So I have this problem called thinking. Seriously, lately my mind just goes and goes and goes(like the energizer bunny). I got this idea that maybe if I blogged some of these things I could be done thinking about them.....slim chance I know.

Thyroids-
Why can't they just work the way they are supposed to? Mine functions like a sluggish turtle at best. I decided to look up things I can do to help my situation (yes I do take meds too)

1. Drink tons of water! Half a gallon a day.
2. Take a good Kelp supplement
3. High quality protein. All of our body’s glands and hormones are made from protein. Try to eat high quality lean protein at every meal.
4. Selenium-rich foods – meat, chicken, salmon, tuna, seafood, whole unrefined grains, brazil nuts, brewer’s yeast, dairy products, garlic, onions and black strap molasses.
5. Supplements of Vitamin B complex and essential fatty acids because they help to balance the entire hormonal system.
6. Stay away from Soy, only drink reverse osmosis water, (tap water has chloride and bromide which block iodine receptors), because hypothyroid goes hand in hand with low progesterone, only eat organic meat. You can look up why it is very interesting. Also in extreme cases Broccoli, Brussel sprouts and a few other veggies should be avoided.

That was fun, I have heard that the power of our minds is quite amazing so I may try to write my thyroid a few love letters, because to put it simply, I would rather do that, so than give up BROCCOLI!

Haiti-
My heart aches for this country and people, especially the little children. I just read an article that there are up words to 6000 children with no adult supervision. Hospitals are releasing them out into the streets by themselves. I can hardly stand the thought. I pray, really hard, for them.

Dreams-
why in the world do we have the same dreams over and over again. I am really sick of reruns.

Friends-
they are always good to have. Some times they hurt us, but not intentionally. Everyone is human, and must be given the benefit of the doubt, that said, if you are hurt over and over by the same person...my opinion would to be to let the friendship rest and move on.

My Kids-
I love them. I hope many things for them.

Wes-
He is so Awesome., I just wish he would be my gym partner!

My family-
is diverse, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Homework-
16 hours a week folks!

Fog-
Go somewhere else, I need to breath.

To Do Lists-
I hate them they scare me.

Now that all that is off my chest, I must go start my day. I leave you with this scary true thought...
"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."
Mahatma Gandhi
    ~E

2 comments:

Avry said...

Tell the voices to go away & bug someone else!! haha I think that it is something that us mothers have is the ability to think of 101 things all at once. You have a lot of beautiful things you have listed!

Kim said...

What a great list! I too have hypothyroidism, so I loved your list on that. My heart aches every time I turn on the TV and see those poor little ones in Haiti, it's so sad. Hope school is going well for you!