Tuesday, February 23, 2010

diet protocol..and being sick

Went back to the DR yesterday, no improvement. She is having me start steroids today which has the potential to be a big blow to the protocol. I can't let it get me down. I just need a plan. Steroids are not the best because, I have to take 5 doses just today. Each dose I am supposed to take with food. They also make you retain water worst than almost any drug you can take, and they induce terrible hunger. So all that said, I have roasted almonds that I will take a small handful of every time I have to take the meds. I am drinking dandelion root tea all day to help with the water retention, and as for the hunger... pray for me, cause that is what i will be doing.  My hopes is that I will keep burning the fat even though the scale will not reflect that. I believe when this is all said and done and I am done with all the antibiotics and the steroids and breathing treatments, my weight will reflect the burned fat. 

Benefits of Dandelion Root Tea:

It contains substantial amounts of these vitamins- substantial levels of vitamins ACD, and B complex as well as ironmagnesiumzincpotassium,manganesecoppercholinecalciumboron

It supports healthy function of the Liver, Kidneys and Gallbladder.
  • Dandelion Tea enhances detoxificationby stimulating urination, as well as replacing the potassium lost to the increased volume of urine.
  • Dandelion Tea is used to help in the health maintenance of those suffering from Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes.
  • Dandelion Tea can be used for treatment of such liver disorders as hepatitis and jaundice.
  • Dandelion Tea can be used for purifying the blood and cleansing the system.
  • Dandelion Tea can help in relieving digestive disorders such as constipation and diarrhea.
  • Dandelion Tea has properties that can help cleanse and improve the skin.

    I got all this information from this site http://www.teabenefits.com/herbal-tea-benefits/dandelion-tea-benefits.html

    There are many more very informative sites just google the benefits of dandelion tea.

13 comments:

angie said...

I hope you get better soon! You are amazing for doing a 500 calorie diet. I don't think I could do it! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

500 calories is not healthy you will just gain the weight back and more when you go off the diet. Eating right and exercise is the only way to lose weight correctly. If you live a fat life style you will be fat and need to stop making excuses.

Miss ~E said...

Anonymous, you are sadly misinformed. As for my lifestyle I wish it was as easy as making excuses and just eating right and exercising. Before you comment on my blog I would ask that you do your research, I think that if you knew me you would not make these kind of comments. I love exercise, and this fat person could probably out run you, out lift you and throw you across the mountains outside my kitchen window.

Marie said...

The thing which makes the 500 calorie diet viable is the hcg component which allows the body to burn fat reserves which normally are inaccessible despite exercise and diet. People who are weight loss resistant due to cortisol/insulin/other hormone related imbalances know that people such as anonymous are ignorant ideologues who haven't got the breadth of understanding or the depth of humanity to understand the complexity of the human condition. To them, depression simply requires people to smile more. Diabetes requires people to stay away from sugar and ALL fat people are lazy and sit around eating gummy bears. Go spread your wealth of helpful information somewhere else Anonymous and don't be surprised when Kharma bites your negative-know-it-all ass and you have to rethink a few of your hard and fast conclusions.

Anonymous said...

nicely put natalie. All my life I have watched my sister struggle with her wait, She can work out harder and longer then I can she has always been a more healthy eater then I have and still she has struggled. I firmly beleive that unless you have walked in someone shoes for a day then you should keep your mouth shut. also what goes around comes around so for you annymous I hope you dont do everything in your life the way you just did cause if so life will not be much fun for you. Also if your going to have enough balls to post comments then you should have enough balls to say who you are. What a show if weekness if I ever saw one.

amber koch said...

ya the last anonymous was posted by me, Amber.

The Green Family said...

Hold strong Erin, you are amazing! Keep yourself busy - which I know you are and that will help witht he hunger. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Natelli Johnston said...

anonymous #1 why don't you identify yourself and then we will go over to your blog and take hits on you. For being such a big talker, you really are a coward to go anonymous with your comment.

Amazed said...

Really? Who would say such a thoughtless, unkind remark as anonymous. Shame on them. And GOOD LUCK with all your efforts to be healthy. I'll be cheering for you. And, thankfully we know that kindness is MORE important than how much anyone weighs....

Still shaking my head....

Sophia's friend, Marilyn

and thanks for sharing about dandelion tea!

Kim said...

Hope this works for you Erin. No fun being sick for so long.

Avry said...

Erin keep it up girl you can do it! weight is such a SHITTY battle (sorry the language) but it is!!
As someone who has been on a weight roller coaster my entire life there are points that you will do ANYTHING it takes to drop the weight off. It is amazing as I run on the treadmill for 3 solid miles to watch the size 2 girls next to me who cannot even walk a mile. We are all built different and given different challenges.
I say do what it takes for YOU Erin & screw what other's think.. If it works for you & makes you happy then that is all that matters! Hugs!! love ya!

Avry said...

Oh and I am going to try the Dandelion tea.. I am on day two soda free & it is killing me! I have been drinking tea like crazy to try to get my mind off of the soda ;)

Avry said...

Okay third freaking comment by me.. hahaha!! Are you on HCG Erin? 3 of my coworkers did it twice & did awesome.. and kept the weight off!! you can do it!