Sunday, July 28, 2013

Find your WHY

-->


WHY.

When setting big scary goals, of any kind, you MUST have a WHY. What is a why? Well it’s that reason for digging deep. Its what you picture at the finish line that makes the completion of your goal worth all the effort. Your why must evoke emotions that stir your soul and give whatever your goal is, meaning and purpose.

I had my first child when I was 20. I gained 60 lbs with that pregnancy and more during postpartum. I did the same with my second baby and before I knew it I had spent 13 years living with Morbid Obesity.  More than a decade I lived with the feelings of helplessness, worthlessness and sadness. Consequently my children lived with a Mother in their younger years who, couldn’t run and play with them. I don’t know what they noticed, but I know I felt awful about it.

When I was 30 I was surprised to find out I was expecting another baby. I was scared. Not just about the weight gain, but also I was 10 years older than I was when I had my first and even heavier. I couldn’t imagine how I could be a Mother to this baby when I barely made it with my other two!  Having young kids is physically taxing no matter what shape you are in.

THIS is where I found my WHY. It wasn’t until baby number three was 2 though, that I really started to do something about it. From that time until now, three years have passed, 125 lbs are gone and I have thought about my WHY almost everyday of this Journey to health and wellness that continues on a daily basis.

My WHY is easy. I want to be physically and emotionally fit because of my children. I want to give them the BEST of ME. I want them to be proud of who I am, what I have done and what I will continue to do. I hope that they will find strength in my journey, so that when they need to find their own WHY, they can. 

Find your WHY, then go get that goal.....
~E






No comments: