Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Week Just Flew Right By!

























This week I have really tried to stay off the computer. Sometimes I feel like it monopolizes my time way too much! I knew it was bad when Wesley started getting jealous of my laptop! I have for sure been able to get a lot more done staying off it! I am going to start putting limits on it...LOL. So here is a catch up on a few random events of the last week.
Celine Dion:
I had the privilege of seeing her in concert last weekend. It was AMAZING! Seriously it was breath taking. When she first came out on stage she took 10 minutes apologizing that she had to re-schedule this concert last November. She was very sincere. She thanked Utah up and down for being great fans. I was fully impressed with her apology.
She sang all of her powerful ballads as if it was the first time she had ever sung them. Her voice is so beautiful....even better live! I don't think many singers are as good live as in their recordings, but she truly was better. She sang each song with so much emotion...this is a concert I would go to again and again. Which, does surprise me because I get bored easily. It was well worth the trip. Wes having seen 30 plus concerts said it was the best he had ever been to. He also gave me permission to blog that!
Shopping:
I have really struggled with decorating my house since we moved back into our house. I just wanted it to be the same as it was before we left. I had put so much time and energy into decorating it and making it homey. It took a long time to collect all of my decor. I have done a lot of browsing over the last couple of months without getting too excited over an of the decor I have looked at. Wes finally put his foot down. He took me to Rod Works and Tai Pan Trading Co. It was so sweet of him. He kept saying if you like it buy it! So I did. Once I started getting into it I had fun! I am still far from done, but at least I put forth a little effort and now my house isn't so blah! Also when I was browsing at Tai Pan, Wes snuck away and purchased me a very hefty gift card. Then after we had already broken the bank and were on our drive home he handed the gift card to me! How SWEET it that, I love him!
Desktop:
We have finally gotten a new desk top computer. Hayden is over joyed! And so am I! I got sick of the whole family hauling my laptop around. We opted for a Mac. I really think we made a great choice too. It does not have a tower, everything is built into the monitor, and the best part, it is completely wireless!!!Hooray! I hate cords they drive me crazy!


Health:
So somehow Sophie has picked up Thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) this has just devastated me a bit. I don't know how it happened. I have done a lot of reading and it looks like it could have happened in many different ways. I am hoping goes away soon and never comes back. All I can say is no matter how sanitized you think everything is, germs are still inevitable!
Also on the subject of health. I am really struggling with my diabetes. I can't keep my sugars in order! It is really getting me down. Recently Larry H. Miller passed away from complications of type 2 diabetes, this has really scared me to death! I am going to see my endocrinologist in Ogden at the end of March, I just don't know if I can wait that long cause I am really not feeling well!
Church:
My testimony continues to grow. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to attend church. It has been rough getting there lately due to illness...but when I do get there I feel so much peace. I am so impressed with Wes and his testimony. Last night as we laid in bed, I was reading a novel and he the Ensign. He was so touched and excited about what he was reading that he kept trying to discuss it with me. He is an exemplary person. A wonderful example to me. I could not be more blessed in the Husband area :)

I think that is all for today. I haven't figured out how to do photos on this Mac, so I am going to switch to my laptop now. If you read this before I get the pics up check back. I am posting pics of my works in progress, my office and the living room. Suggestions are welcome! ~E

6 comments:

Sara said...

Your house is looking great! I really suck at decorating and admire anyone you does such a great job. Way to go!

Kim said...

Erin your house looks so good! Will you come and decorate for me?? :)

Avry said...

Ooh Rod works is my biggest weakness.. LOVE that place! Your house is looking great! :)

angie said...

Your house is beautiful! I love Tai Pan! Do you have to do insuline? My mom uses a pump now, but I see how frustrated she gets when she has bad days and can't seem to get things under control. My prayers are with you :)

Vikki said...

Love the start you've got. It must be difficult to "start over" How do you find those things you loved, that are lost?even though things are just things, they can bring such comfort. I love to shop, anytime you need a shopping buddy, give me a holler!

Jon and Becky Hall said...

Love the House. I was looking at those pictures thinking I should just copy and paste into my house. I wish it was that easy.
Yes I am the same age as Natalie. It is a small world.