Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF

I really don't know why Fridays are so fabulous? It really doesn't slow down that much around here. There's never enough time to get it all done. I think I just love the weekend because we are all together, and of church. Church is always such a nice start to the week!

These last 2 weeks have been crazy for us, I don't see things slowing down anytime soon. My blog has suffered the consequences. I have been too busy to sit and do it, but, also I have lost a little motivation. I think the weather is definitely getting me down. Maybe just enhancing my feelings. I am ready for SPRING!

Last week I gave 3 talks. One in Young Women on Tuesday, One for an Enrichment Night for another ward and one Sunday night at our Fireside. I think they all went well, and maybe they were worth the worry. We had a wonderful turn out for New Beginnings. My sister's enrichment night went well I was surprised at how many showed up to hear about our Iowa experience. I think we had more to that than to the fireside on Sunday. All of our dearest friends showed up on Sunday night. And some of our Family, even one of Wes' coworkers showed up! Wes' Grandparents came and it's always nice to see them. It is amazing to me that they love us so much. My Mom came for the second time. Both times she heard different stories. Wes and I can't fit all the miracles into 90 minutes if you can believe that.

I am not sure how many more we will do. It is very hard to relive the events, it brings everything back to the surface. But, on the same token we know that Heavenly Father wants the story told. We were so fortunate and all because of our Heavenly Father. It's been hard because there are those out there who feel like we do it just for the attention, that hurts. Someone said we were just "Tooting our own horns." After everything we have been through and are still going through, it really is like being kicked in the gut. Enough negative, I am sorry. This week has been fun. Much less stressful! We all watched American Idol together on Wed. (still can't believe Tatiana made it through) Then last night we all watched Survivor. I think this on is going to take it's toll on the contestants. It looks harsh! 120 degrees sounds miserable!

Today I am going to Gracie's class as a room Mom to help with the Valentines Party! I made Bingo cards that I will not be taking a pic of as I am not real crafty! Oh and yesterday I went to the dentist with a toothache....and....I am going to have to pay 1500.00 out of pocket next week to get it all fixed...yowza! Oh well, it's like Wes said...it is what it is. Thanks for being Loyal and reading my blog, come back next time and I am sure things will look much brighter=) ~E

10 comments:

Kara said...

I, for one, am grateful that you and Wes are willing to share your testimony and experiences. I can imagine that it's reliving it all over again -- and 3 times in one week! Let me know if I can help you out. I think we should all jump in the car and head to St. George for a few days and see the sun and enjoy the outdoors for a while!

Anonymous said...

I don't have to tell you that we LOVED your fireside. Your experience has impacted me for life, as you know. Erin, anyone who would say that sharing your faith-promoting experience is "tooting your own horn" is no friend or completely socially inept. Your story is powerful and I agree, Heavenly Father gave you this experience to share and to help others grow. Toot away my friend!!! I'll hand you the foghorn to do so! LYB!

Sophia

Natelli Johnston said...

I feel so sad I did not get to see you guys more. That is awful about your tooth!

Tammy said...

You are my hero! I love hearing about your experiences that lead you to Iowa and safely back home again, whether I read them on your blog or whether your cute (almost criminal) mama shares with me at work! You and your family are an inspiration to everybody! And I am not just saying that to butter you and Wes up so you will come and share your story at girls camp this summer (all though a little buttering up couldn't hurt, right?) Seriously though, I would like to say a little something to all those who think you are "tooting your own horn" (I am sure you could think of a dozen different ways to "toot" that would not involve endangering your very lives and loosing every material thing in the process!)....so, toot on this all ye non-believers -- *@%#$!!! Wes and Erin ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I loved both of your firesides! I wouldn't have missed them. They were faith promoting and I'm just so proud of you, Wes, and those three adorable children of yours (my grandchildren!). I'm so thankful you were protected by the almighty so that you could help to strengthen the rest of us! Love you so much!
MOM

angie said...

I would love to have you come down here and speak! Don't listen to anyone neagative...spread your story and your testimonies!

Um I was wondering the same thing about Tatiana. She is psycho! They only let her through for ratings. Which is sad, because someone who actually could have been great got cut!

I was room mother for Brooke's V-day party, and had to do a game in Chase's class. Why do I do this to myself? I love my kids!!

Missy said...

Wes & Erin,
We loved the fireside. Lee and I were both so moved by your strong testimonies and faith. Thank you for sharing, we walked out of there better people for having heard it.
Lee & Missy

Sara said...

Oooh Yuck...I hate the dentist! (and dentist bills totally suck).

Great job on being a room mom. Teachers love room moms (trust me!).

And I agree with all of the comments above. You need to keep sharing your story. It is inspiring and you are a great example to the rest of us!

Vikki said...

Oh Erin sorry about your dental sadness.I was disappointed that we were out of town when you spoke. I am sure that your terrifying experience blessed your life, and the sharing blesses others. Sometimes I wish the Lord didn't have to test us so hard... Thanks for following my blog (whatever that means, I'm really unsure about the whole thing)and commenting, I will gladly edit/ spell check anything you'd like!

angie said...

I tagged you on my blog :)
You may have done this one, but if not...it is easy!