Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Do you think I will loose it?


Yesterday I bought new luggage as mine flew away in the Tornado, and I love it. I just have one worry, I am afraid it will get lost.

I just deleted a whole post, on purpose. It was a bit boring. I just want to say that I am grateful for yesterday. I am super excited that I got so much of my To-Do list done, that I got my treadmill in and that the St.Patrick deco for the dance last night looked decent! Oh, and I have to also mention that the Low-Cal Fresh Lime at Sonic is very, fabulously, scrumptious and refreshing and a wonderful treat :)

I still have tons to do before our trip in a few days. The usual before trips packing, cleaning, more shopping, and making lots of lists! We are so excited to be going to Disney World. I am however, finding it very hard to leave my baby. I know she will be in very capable hands, none the less I am dreading saying goodbye for a week! Apparently it totally shows that I am stressed because my sister Amber was just here and she asked me if I was stressed. I said YES, then thought about it and said why? She just started to smile, then I realized I have to funny zits on my face, and that is always a sure sign!LOL...Thanks Amber for pointing it out. For today, here is a Tens list....

Ten things I MUST pack!
  1. My Camera
  2. Books for the plane.
  3. GPS, we are renting a car and we need to know where to go!
  4. Sunglasses
  5. Sophie's bags
  6. Treats for the plane ( you know you now have to pay like 10 buck for peanuts and 50 bucks for a drink....exaggeration I know, but, you do have to pay extraordinary prices!
  7. Swimming Suits
  8. Cell Phones
  9. Ipod
  10. wash rags, detergents ( we are staying in a condo and we will need these items. It would be a fortune to buy them in Florida. I know I am cheap.)
9 Things I still need to do
  1. Make a Menu. The reason I like to stay in condos is because they are the same price as hotel rooms and they are bigger. I also prefer to cook meal instead of going out. It not only saves money but is much healthier.
  2. I need to go get a few more pairs of Capri's for myself
  3. I need to right directions for Sophie, ya know medical emergency release and where she goes (to amber) if we are incapacitated ...all that fun stuff.
  4. wash all the sheets on our beds so we come home to fresh sheets
  5. Make a schedule of everything we will be doing for the week
  6. I need to work on my homeowners claim a bit
  7. I need to take Oscar in to the daycare he will be staying at so he can get acclimated
  8. Make Wes go to the doc to check for kidney stones
  9. Breath
8 random things on my mind
  1. I am really hoping that joining weight watchers yesterday will help me and my family to start being more conscious of what we are eating. 
  2. I hope I get a tan in Florida
  3. I really am hoping for nothing but sunshine while we are there. The first question Hayden asked when he found out we were going there was "Do they have Tornado's?" Yikes...I had fun answering that.
  4. Gracie has had a stomach ache now for over a year....I really hope it is not her appendix. 
  5. I hope Sophie sleeps well while we are gone
  6. I am hoping that it will be spring when we get back!
  7. I hate flying....my sinuses always pay.
  8. I have a lot to do
7 things I have purchased for this trip
  1. Sunglasses
  2. word searches
  3. books
  4. shorts and tees for all of us
  5. swimming suits for all of us
  6. luggage
  7. flip flops
6 things I still need to purchase
  1. GPS
  2. Sun Screen
  3. Dramamine (Wes has a habit of throwing up on planes)
  4. mini hygiene items (shampoo, toothpaste)
  5. 1 more book
  6. video camera 
5  things I will miss

  1. Sophie
  2. My bed
  3. Sophie
  4. Sophie
  5. Oscar
4 hidden costs to vacation

  1. Airport parking
  2. baggage fees ( you must pay now for any checked baggage)
  3. cleaning fees ( almost every place hotel or condo charges a cleaning fee now on top of the regular price)
  4.  Doggy boarding
3 things I need to do today
  1. Take my niece to the bus stop
  2. treadmill
  3. Relief Society Bday Party
2 things I don't take for granted
  1. Wes' Job
  2. Sunshine
1 Thing I am going to try to improve on

Relaxing!

have a good day friends ~E

By The Way, 
When I brought my very cute luggage home, Wes was less than pleased with it. I don't think he will help me hall it around!

3 comments:

Avry said...

Tell Wes he better get used to the luggage cuz it isn't going anywhere! I love it Erin! Okay so since when did airlines start charging for treats?? I guess it has been about a year since I last flew but MAN! I had no idea they started charging! You sound pretty organized to me. I didn't realize your trip was soooo soon! Have a blast & take oodles of pics so you can blog about it! :)

angie said...

Who are you flying with? We haven't ever had to pay for drinks and peanuts, or checked luggage. Also, unless you really want to buy a GPS, try just getting a car with one. It will probably be cheaper.

You are going to have so much fun! I see you joined Weight Watchers. I am a firm believer in their programs. I lost 35 lbs. and am a life timer. The thing I love about it is that it is liveable. You don't have to practice debrivation, but moderation. Good luck, you will do great!!

Sara said...

Wow! Disney World...I am so totally envious of you. I hope you have an amazing time. Take a lot of pictures!

I joined weight watchers in January and have lost 18 pounds. It has been a great thing for me so good luck!