Sunday, July 5, 2009

150th Celebration!






A few weeks ago our church Ward (parish,congregation) celebrated it's 150Th birthday. We reenacted the first settlers trek into our town. Each family created some kind of covered wagon or handcart and we all "trekked 6 blocks". On the trek we listened to Jim Bridger (Brother Downs), were attacked by Indians, and got to listen to Wes' Parents who were dressed up as pioneers, tell us a story about Wes' great, great grandparents.

After Trekking we all ate a nice dutch oven dinner, played pioneer games and had a wonderful fireside. Wes played his guitar and did a wonderful job. At this point Sophie and I went home, and Wes, Hayden and Gracie set up the tent.

I came home and enjoyed my night alone. I actually watched a movie all by myself and it was fabulous. I adore my family, but sometimes it is just nice to have alone time.
I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic and loved it! I had just finished the movie and was getting ready for bed and here come Wes and Gracie. My poor little girl had an upset stomach and lost dinner right in her Dads face as they all slept. Poor Wes also, he dove out of the tent and lost his too...giggle...anyway she came home ad slept with me. Wes went back and finished out the night with Hayden. I was a great Ward Party everyone enjoyed it. We had a huge showing over 300 people. I appreciate so much of what the pioneers did for me and my family. They are such a good example for us to follow. nothing was easy for them, but they never gave up. They forged their way t this great town I live in and I am so thankful. i have a huge testimony of Genealogy. I love to hear the stories of the past. Hopefully when I am long gone and this blog is floating around someone can be inspired by my words like I have been from so many of my ancestors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes,they will be very inspired, especially when you write about the inspiration, "Grandma Kristi!"