Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th





It has come and gone. I am always so surprised when it sneaks up on me. i feel like the Summer has just begun... and now that it is over the summer is really going to fly by.

My Dad and Leilani have been down for the 4th. So we have had a lot going. The Logan fireworks are always on the 3rd of July. And it is a tradition to hang out with family and friends and watch them. This year we watched from Wes' sisters house in Hyrum. Believe it or not we could still see them. The kids all had a great time and played in the water. We had a great BBQ and just hung out. It was nice.

On July 4th we headed to Bear Lake. My sister Natelli, my Dad and Leilani and us. Now the conditions of the lake were less favorable then I prefer, but regardless it was an adventure. It was Sophie's first time over there. And I must say she loves to eat sand...YUCK. We all got raspberry shakes after and headed home. When it got dark Wes put on a great fire cracker show for us.

Today (the 5th) we had a BBQ at Amber's and we all sat around and told stories and laughed. All in all a great weekend. My Dad and I went on a 5 mi bike ride straight up a hill and it felt great.

I have decided that without friends and family Holidays would just be another day. I love mine and hope they all know it.

I know I have been slacking off on my blogging, I will try to do better. Hopefully all of you have had a great weekend! ~E

6 comments:

meghan said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome fourth. I love that first picture of Wes and Gracie walking on the beach.

Avry said...

Its okay I too have been slacking on the blogging. :( Just so much to do and not enough time! Looks like you have had a great summer! Your kids are so cute! Happy 4th to you!

Miss ~E said...

Thanks guys, Meghan I love the pic too! It's actually my Dad! LOL.

Natelli Johnston said...

we has so much fun, love you too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had fun. Although, I can't imagine it being that much fun without me and Chuck!

Love,
MOM

Kim said...

How fun, and I agree holidays just seem like another day when there is no one to celebrate with.