Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yes, It's True.


I did do the happy dance this morning after everyone left!!! It was just me and Sophie all day long. I kind of felt guilty that I was so happy, but, when I realized I had been smiling all day... eh-  I was OK!  Sophie on the other hand was devastated. She whined and cried and went room to room looking for her "playmates."  Kind of sad and funny at the same time :)

My kids were so excited to go to school today, they had really started to get bored. They both woke up with much time to spare. Hayden says he couldn't sleep all night because he kept having dreams that he forgot his locker combination and forgot to wear his pants. I guess he was a little nervous, I never would have suspected. I on the other hand was so nervous for his first day of middle school you would have thought I was going...a Mothers love, right?

Gracie left for school so fast this morning when I went to take the picture of her on her bike, by the time I hit the button she was already gone, so I got a great picture of the mail box! She came home all smiles and said she made 2 new friends. She can't wait to get homework, loves her locker but lunch was AWFUL.

I am so happy to report that we all survived the first day of school. Bring on the rest of the year! To celebrate I even made brownies for tonight ( I hardly ever bake sweets, they are not good for you ; { )  

That's all for now ~E


Brownies:
1 lb butter 4 c suger 3 c flour 8 eggs 3/4 c powder baking chocolate pinch of salt 2 tsp vanilla I bake in my large pampered chef bar pan at 350 for 30 min or until the top "Cracks" enjoy.

Fudge Frosting:

Melt- 1 cube butter, 3  Tablespoons Powder baking Chocolate, 2 Tablespoons corn syrup.
Add- 2 cups suger, 1 teaspoon vanilla, a pinch of salt

You may also add milk if it is too thick.

3 comments:

Avry said...

Mmm the brownies look delicious! Glad the first day of school went so well for the kids! :)

meghan said...

Those brownies do look wonderful!

Kim said...

heehee, I'm glad I wasn't the only Mom to have a smile as my kid left for school. :) She definitely needed to go back, she was getting bored too.
Those brownies look delicious! I need to take on your philosophy of "Sweets are bad" We have them too much at our house.