Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving




This year we shared Thanksgiving with the Godfrey Family. Because the family is getting so large Wes' Mom decided to have it up to the Church building. It seemed to workout great. The food was wonderful, the table setting very nice and we enjoyed good company. Wes and his sister thought it would be funny to have each family do a skit for everyone. Our skit was the ... uh... least prepared I would say. We danced to music from Nacho Libra and wore sombreros on our heads. Thank heaven for Sophie because she was the most amusing part!

On Thanksgiving day I thought about all the things that I am thankful for. What stuck out the most kind of surprised me. I am so very Grateful for my Trials and the adversity I have faced in my life. I believe and know with out any doubt, they have made me a more thoughtful, caring person. They have opened my eyes to the bigger picture of life. I can see beyond the little trivial things, to the things that really matter. The moments of the heart is how I would describe such things. My faith has been strengthened, the limits I have set for myself have been pushed beyond what I thought I could handle and my Character has been enriched for the better. All these things help me to make better choices, be a better Mother and a better person. I am not afraid of the trials to come, because I have faith that the Lord will never leave my side...he has always been there before.

Hoping that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. ~E

1 comment:

meghan said...

I wish you guys would have got video of the dance...I bet it was great!