Saturday, February 5, 2011

On My Mind

Facebook: It can be a total waste of time; however, today I am so thankful for a connection I have made with a family of girls that used to babysit myself and my sisters when we lived in New Mexico. It has been such an amazing thing to get reacquainted with them again. Sadly they are going through some hard times and have asked for prayers today. As I thought and pondered what I could do for them being so far away, I realized I could help. I called a list of names into several LDS Temples to have them added to the Prayer Rolls. I am so grateful for technology that allows me to act quickly and be of some help even when I am not right there.

Things To Look Forward To: There are several! In a week I have the privelage to go speak to a Young Womens group for their New Begginings Program. I am super excited, although it scares me to death. I realize that Heavenly Father expects me to share my unique testimony.

In 2 weeks, Wes and I are headed to Vegas. Now, I really don't love Vegas, but his favorite band is playing so we must go see them. I think we will take in a show, if we can find a clean one. All suggestions are welcome.

Gracie has a basketball game today!! They are so fun to go to!

Weight Watchers: I went this morning, it was not easy! I wanted to sleep, and of course everyone slept in, which made it harder to get up. I went, and I am glad. I stayed the same weight to the ounce. Which sucked for 5 seconds, then I just move on.

Diabetes: It is such an ugly thing. So, I have been on this strict diet for months. You would think my health would be getting better. Unfortunately, new blood work and symptoms are proving other wise. Kind of a hard hit for me. I believe I will be on insulin with-in the next month. I was on 2 different insulin meds 6 times a day while pregnant with Sophie, so it won't be anything new. I am just sad my pancreas is taking a down turn. At least I can seek treatment and there are more options.

My Chores: I better get to it! Have a good weekend.~E

4 comments:

Angie said...

I haven't been able to see your blog forever, but you are back on. I actually changed my email address. If you ever need a diabetic to talk to, my mom would be wonderful. She has a pump, and is super good and on top of it. Steve is looking forward to some Moab time this Spring, so tell Wes to be ready. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, You are back. I love how honest you are about all of your feelings. When I met you, I thought there is a beautiful girl who does not know what she is worth. You have always amazed me. You are such a cute mom and everything that you do is over the top! I want to hit anyone who would hurt you! Just let me know and they won't know what hit them!!! You have know idea how much we miss seeing you and your amily at church and what is bad is that we don't even see you at all and you just live a block away! Keep blogging and I will keep reading. I started a silly blog myself but I am too busy being a mother, grandmother, wife and secretary to keep it up besides the fact that those 4 things are my life. Not too interesting. Thank you for bloging so I can at least read about ya! Love tons! Linda

Avry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Avry said...

haha I deleted my comment above as I realized I was repeating myself.. I wrote the same stuff in a post below sheesh! :)