Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Took the Plunge

Really I did. I finally went to water aerobics to see how my feet would do. Sadly they hurt just as bad as with any other workout; however, it was so fun. I loved it. My good friend Juli had pity on me and came too, and she made it really fun. I have been a bit stressed out because curves in our town is closing. So, I need to find another exercise option that won't be hard on my feet.

A quick side note for those who don't know about my feet. I have  Chronic Plantar Fasciitis. I have had it for about 9 years. Because I ignored it for 8 years and kept exercising and running it has just about rendered me crippled. I also have complications of stress fractures in my feet and ankles, and some of those have actually broken. I have some big orthopedic boots to wear, but they really slow me down. If the Dr. had his wish I would be in a wheel chair. I am actually legally disabled. Sucks. The cause of this is an array of bad physical luck. Of course I am overweight. When the Dr. looks at my bone structure he says it is tiny, so the weight is crushing my feet, because my ligaments in my feet are weak so there is nothing to protect my bones from crushing. Also, I have a flat arch and have not worn the right supports my whole life so without support my ankles are weak. Hayden and Sophie both have my feet, so I am trying to take steps to make sure they have the right shoes and most likely they will always need orthodic support. That was a much longer side note...sorry. But, all these factors are why I am so urgently, desperately trying to get the weight loss surgery. I am going back to my podiatrist next week, and I may be walking out with a cane....excuse my language but it really is the shits. I can't do much, so I am hiring a housekeeper to try and alleviate some of my stress. I have to pick and choose what I do physically, and I need to exercise to save my life rather than clean. Enough said.




 

My thoughts for  today are:
Pain is inevitable.  Suffering is optional.  ~M. Kathleen Casey 

If you're going through hell, keep going.  ~Winston Churchill
 

2 comments:

Denise said...

Best of Luck Erin-that really bites. I can't imagine having pain in my feet at all times.

The Green Family said...

what about one of those scooter things that i have seen foot injured people kneeling on with their boots. You can scoot around rather than walking with a cane and it is a better option than a wheelchair. That is unless you can't have the weight on your knees. just my 2 cents.