Thursday, August 6, 2009









The other night Hayden had one of his good buddies sleep over in the tent with him. I think they had fun. I was worried they wouldn't make it all night because at 1 am they were all still talking VERY LOUD! To my surprise I woke up in the morning to them laughing and still outside! The boys were so kind to let Graice sleep out with them. It really made her feel good. It was so nice to hear them having so much fun.
I have really struggled this summer with my energy level and I feel like I have let my kids down. I feel bad because I am definitely not the fun Mom who throws the big parties, I just hope nights like the other are memorable for my kids. I did go out and hang with them for a while and play cards, they were all really good poker players!
That's all for now, we have chores to do ~E

2 comments:

meghan said...

camping in the backyard makes great memories! have no fears ;0)

Avry said...

Aww the tent looks like fun! sounds like they had fun if they were out there giggling half the night.
If you think you are a failure then add me to the list.. I don't do big birthday parties - I keep it simple. I don't jump on the trampoline or run around the yard with my kids either. To hot and just feeling too OLD! ;) I think it is cool you played cards with them though :) Put away the beat up stick! You are a great mom.