Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Little Girls.....Sisters, Companions, Gaurdians and Forever Friends.

I have a friend who has 3 sisters. One of the Sisters is lost. I don't know the all of the circumstance, but, I do know that the missing sister is battling serious addiction and has lost everything. As I communicate with and observe the other 3 sisters, my heart breaks for them, as they beg and plead for her safety through prayer, and they plead with her to come home on Facebook, not really knowing if she ever checks her Facebook.

I was thinking about it today, and of how painful it would be to loose one of my Sisters in a similar way. My relationship with my two little sisters is so unique. Only they know exactly what life was like growing up with the struggles we did, only they know the pains and happiness of our childhood the way I do. Only my sisters can love my children almost as much as I do, and I theirs. Sisters are a gift that I treasure dearly.



This is me and my family. Mom, Dad, Me in the back, Amber on the Left and Nat on the right. This picture survived the tornado, no unscathed, but still beautiful.

When ever I hear this song, it reminds me of my sisters. Love you Amber and Nat.

2 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

I am speechless, but have so many things running through my mind. Thank you for this post. I love you and Amber so much. I am so happy to know I always have my big sisters.

Avry said...

I agree my two sisters are probably my best friends. Seriously. I LOVE that song it is one of my all time favorites! What an awesome tribute to your sisters!