Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Winding Down

February is winding down. I can't believe how fast time goes by, rather scary! So, here is a quick wrap-up for the month.

  • New Beginnings:
Every time I am invited to speak about my tornado experience, I always say this is the last time! However, every time I am asked, I feel a deep confirmation in my soul that my experience is unique and was not just for me, it was for me to share and hopefully touch others with the miracles I witnessed. That said, it still scares me to death. Earlier this month I was blessed with the opportunity to share again with a Lewiston Ward for their Young Woman's New Beginnings. You would think that after doing it 8 times I would be a pro and have it all memorized. This is not the case though. I thought I had it all planned out, but 3 hours before I had a strong impression to start over, I was FRAZZLED, to say the least. I rewrote everything, and used completely different conference talks than I usually use. Everything went really well. I am not sure still why I needed to switch it up, but I am sure it was the right thing to do.

  • Valentines/Las Vegas
Wes and I celebrated Valentines a week late this year. We decided to take a 5 day trip to Vegas, by ourselves! We had a great time. We laughed the whole time. We didn't have to worry about the kids because we knew they were in good hands, and they called us every 15 minutes the whole trip....last time we leave Hayden and Gracie each with a cell phone. While we were down there we went to several different hotels and walked around. We stayed at the Aria Hotel. It is right at the center of the strip and beautifully modern. Everything in our room was controlled by one remote. When we entered the room the drapes automatically opened. Very high tech. It was nice to be pampered for a few days.

  • School
Is still going! I am taking 9 credits. Rehab 1010, FCHD 1500 (Human Development over the Lifespan), and Life Science (USU1350?). I have been doing really well, I love all of my classes. I think going back to school has been one of my best decisions...ever, really. Besides marrying Wes, it is the number one life changing decision that I know I will never regret.

  • Diet/Health.
I am done with the supervised diet around March 7th. This doesn't mean I will stop weight watchers or anything. It just means I will be sending my paperwork for my bypass surgery in on March 9th (my birthday) I am at peace with what ever happens. I have done all I can do, if they reject it I am not sure if I will pursue it, I will still have the option to appeal. I have tremendous faith in my Heavenly Father, I know he will not abandon me and he knows what is best for me. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I pray daily, and I am adding a special fast to the cause over the next couple of Sundays. I know I will be blessed either way.

  • March
Will be here before we know it! I am looking forward to a girls weekend. It's always fun to play. My birthday is on the 9th, Wes will be on a snowmobiling trip for work that whole week so we will be celebrating early. Then the following week he will be on a golf trip for a week, for work; so I am not sure I will see him the whole month. When he is home he will probably be tied up with High Council duties. I am so glad we got away this month. I will miss him, no matter how I feel he always makes me laugh. He is my best friend and a rock star to boot.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You have such great faith, Erin. You are an inspiration to read. :)